Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Finger Knitting is great!


While I was knitting away on my new knitting bag during the USA vs. Canada hockey game my nephew M, who is 8 asked me a question. He said, "Hey, Auntie Jo can I have some of that yarn?". I was a bit puzzled by this sporty boy asking for yarn. However, he knew what he wanted, and saw that I had a lot of it!!

So, I said sure and tossed a partially used skein of blue from my pathetic plastic knitting bag. Once again reminding myself to keep going so I could get rid of the plastic! Then he produced a really, really long piece of finger knitting. I was very impressed. He told me, "I think it's fun and when I'm bored I do it. I was going to make a scarf, but then it got too long so I just kept going!". That works for me! Here is a picture of M and his work in progress.

I found a great YouTube video showing you how to finger knit. This is great for kids because it goes quickly and it's fun to make a chain that can reach throughout your house! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3LKAlDz9ig

No comments: