Saturday, December 18, 2010

A great trick with wool yarn!

As I was completing boot #2 for kid #4 I ran out of yarn and had to switch to a new skein. The cool part is that I can do this without a bump or a hiccup in my work! I learned this from Maura at the Yarnery in St. Paul.

First the problem... I am working a double strand of wool yarn for the boot and have come to the end!

 Second, to connect the strands, start by fraying the ends of the yarn.
Third, place the ends in the palm of your hand and spit on them. You are welcome! for not giving you a close up of the actual spit!
 Next, roll the ends together with the spit. Just like when you rolled play dough between your hands and rolled it to make worms or snakes.
And now, to continue knitting the boot!

P.S. This trick only works with wool yarn.

No comments: