Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Yarn Garage


Wow!
I found my favorite knitting store in the Twin Cities so far.
The Yarn Garage in Rosemount, MN.
As someone who enjoys knitting, but is not yet very sophisticated in the craft, I sometimes feel overwhelmed and intimidated by walking into a yarn shop. I feel like everyone else there knows WAY more than I do!
When I walked into the Yarn Garage, I was met by a splash of colorful yarns flowing out of their floor to ceiling bins.
The yarn called out comfort, fun, and creativity. There was no overwhelmed, in the sense of "I don't belong here, I don't know enough about knitting to be comfortable even asking a question ."
Then as I proceeded into the store Steven, the store owner was trying on a vest that will be created at a future knitting class. He was modeling it for several friends and shoppers for their opinion. He asked for my opinion and included me in the group as
I made my way to the back of the store for the 50% off section.
In my quest to get my State Fair scarf started I wanted to find the ultimate yarn, and it was waiting for me on the sale shelves. I got this beautiful yarn for $2.00 a skein!
Steven expertly answered my questions and posed for a picture in his Rosemont shop. You can get more info at http://www.yargarage.com/.

No comments: