Monday, June 15, 2009

The Cool Girl's Guide to Knitting



While browsing through the books at Half Price Books http://www.halfpricebooks.com/ I found this great knitting book. There are so many out there, but this one had several things that caught my eye.


After my seeing my prototype of my scarf, I am thinking I need a bit more practice with the basics just to solidify my confidence and my technique!


In The Cool Girl's Guide to Knitting there is a great and easy hat pattern that I want to try. Because my favorite purple Lopi yarn from my Herrschners adventure is proving to be too bulky for a scarf I am going to practice on some hats. The Beanie Hat on page 77 is adorable and would be good practice with the basics.


The book is great at explaining the basics and has many fun patterns including the Beannie Hat, a Unisex hoodie, and even a bikini!


By the way, if you have children 12 and under checkout the Half Price Book summer reading program. If your child reads 15 minutes a day for 5 days in one week, they earn a $3.00 gift certificate at Half Price Books. It has been a great incentive at my house!



No comments: