Monday, October 25, 2010

Crochet for Knitters

Last week I took a great class at The Yarnery in St. Paul. The class was called "Crochet for Knitters". Our pre class work was to bring a 7"x7" knitted square. The class was taught by Theresa Gaffey, who teaches many classes at The Yarnery. I had not met her before the one time class. She was great! She is a very accomplished knitter and crocheter.
As you can see from the square above we practiced single crochet, double crochet, the V stitch and the shell stitch. We all admired scarves that Theresa had crocheted and had on display in the store. I bought yarn and one of the patterns done primarily in single crochet...but that is for another day.

Things I learned from the class:

Crocheting takes a lot more yarn that knitting for a particular project,
Crocheting goes much faster than knitting,
Crocheting is a great way to make a border,
Crocheting is a great way to join squares,knitted or crocheted, together
Crocheting is fun and very forgiving:)

Once I got home I decided to practice, just like Theresa recommended, so I made some dishcloths. One is single crocheted...
One is double crocheted...
And that is all for now...






No comments: