Thursday, October 4, 2012

Knitting a reptile!




Here it is...my first knitted reptile. Yuck!! All for love I guess you could say.



 Actually, I think the eyes make the snake a little cuter, if a snake can be cute!




My daughter #4 thinks it would be fun to have a snake scarf. (Really, a reptile wrapped around your neck is comfortable?!) And, since I will not allow her to have a real snake. Yes, she has asked for one and has repeatedly received a clear and consistent no. This is the compromise.

Sometimes when my kids ask for things I may look like I want to say no, but am secretly considering their request. Like when daughter #2 asked for a bird. I would have said, "sure" right away, instead I gave her the "I'll think about it". My fabulous husband needed to be considered on this one. I knew the bird would stay in her room and I believe she would take care of it. I wouldn't have to worry about stepping on it, or finding it in an odd place in the house, like a heat vent (think gerbil here).  So, I started with, maybe, and it developed into a yes. "Thanks Sweetie!"

However, snake, NO! Even knitting it made me squiggly!

I am glad this one is done. Now on to knitting nicer things!

No comments: