Sunday, March 13, 2011

Tomorrow I start the Latvian Mittens!!

First of all, welcome to all the new readers from Russia!! When I check the stats of my blog it shows me a world map of where my readers are located. And I have over 50 new readers from Russia. How fun! 

So again I say welcome...and please feel free to share your Latvian mitten stories, I would love to hear from you!

Second of all, I finished the prayer shawl for kid #4!!
It's a bit more like a prayer square, but it is so soft. She just loves it!! And she is small so it can cover her up when she needs to hide out and regroup:)

And third, I actually ripped out the periwinkle headband I was working on. It was a bit wide, and I lost my row count on the 6 row pattern and a one of the cables didn't look just right, and it is supposed to be 50 degrees on Wednesday! Who needs a headband on a 50 degree day right? (I'm sure in May I will be wishing I had it!)  So, for now, the headband is "done".

Now I can focus on the Latvian mittens. I am going to start with the children's sampler mittens. They have all the intricate features I like incorporated into the pattern.

But first, I must knit a swatch:)

No comments: