Wednesday, March 16, 2011

What? My LYS is closed? But I need some 2.5 needles!!

OK, so I made what I was hoping was my last swatch...
Nope, it is not so. I have the right number of rows per inch...but still too many stitches per inch. Before I go to the thought that I need sport weight yarn instead of fingering weight yarn I have one more thing to try...size 2.5 needles!

So, as a woman on the move, and ready to start the actual mittens, I left immediately for my LYS (local yarn shop). It takes me 6 minutes to get there, this information may be necessary some day:)  I walked confidently to the door, knowing exactly where I needed to go once I entered the store. I would go straight to the carefully labeled drawers of DP (double pointed) needles.

As I walked from my car I was admiring my efficiency and luck of timing. Just when I realized I needed a new set of needles, there were no kid obstacles to stop me! So, I approached the door with a smile on my face thinking of knitting my swatch with the new 2.5 needles. I put my hand on the door handle, pulled it gingerly, and it did not budge!! I pulled again, and nothing, it was locked!

How could this be? I needed some needles, I had arrived there in 6 minutes, with absolutely nothing in my way, and now I can't get in? I thought, "now what am I going to do for the whole evening?". 

So, now I know what I am doing over my lunch break tomorrow:)

No comments: