Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Birthday Shawl Starts Again

I have decided to take my advise from a previous post and slow down!!

I ripped out the shawl and have started again at a slower pace.

First I did the provisional cast on...
At this point I have 130 stitches.

Next I stitched the first row with my sunny yellow.


I put row markers at every 20 stitches. So, it will be easier to track any missing stitches. Row one complete with 130 stitches

Row 2
Row 2 complete with 130 stitches.

Next row 3.
Still going strong with 130 stitches.

So far so good, I made it through the first 5 rows with all 130 stitches intact:)

The next challenge is starting the lacing pattern. Once the kids are in bed and all is quiet I will try it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your needles are so pretty! Mom

Jo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jo said...

Thanks!! They are one of my favorite Christmas presents.