Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Making Progress by following my advice!

This has been really hard for me, but quite rewarding. I did it! I actually slowed down and have maintained the 130 stitches each row should have:)

Here is what I did. First I analyzed the pattern. It has a 4 stitch border at each end. Then all along the row it is a repeating 9 stitch pattern. So, I thought if I can check myself 9 stitches at a time I should end up with the right number of stitches at the end.

Before the 9 stitch pattern begins I place a piece of scrap yarn between my needles, like this... Look for the pink strand placed between the needles.

Then I knit the 9 stitch pattern and stopped to count.

Yes, I have 9 stitches! Then I moved the pink strand to my current place and knit the 9 stitch pattern again, counted the stitches, and moved the strand again. I continued like this all the way across the row and ended up with 130 stitches.

This was a bit painful for me. Going so slowly! However,the results were great, and no more ripping out:)

No comments: