Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I knit a sock!


Over the weekend I was able to finish my sock!

I'm still not sure how I know I will have enough for sock number 2, but onward and upward is the only way to go!!

The sock went much faster than I though it would. The whole project was a bit overwhelming, somehow socks just seemed more daunting to knit than they really are! I am getting better at reading patterns, but still need the call to mom once in a while to decode the pattern.

I want to make a baby hat for a friend having baby #6 soon. I just love the self patterning yarn for a cute baby hat. I have some left from the hat and booties I made for my cute little neighbor A, who is already 6 weeks old!!




2 comments:

Darcy said...

I love that sock! Really cool. Maybe someday I will have time to learn how to knit... it seems like lots of people are doing it these days. One of my choir friends was knitting while we were watching Babylon 5 the other night (making a scarf for her fiance) and you know S's boyfriend the orthopedic surgeon knits too.

Jo said...

Yes, kid #2 likes the sock too. Now she would like one for her other foot.
I had no idea he knit!!! Wow a man of many talents.