Monday, November 9, 2009

My first knitted Sock..Almost


Here is my first sock masterpiece. I carefully picked out an unusual yarn, this one is from Japan, and spent $20.00 on them! Yes, I want them to last and feel great! I think I am becoming a yarn snob. I'll have to try the $6.00 yarns next to compare the comfort level.


So, back to the sock. I knit the ribbing, knit down to the gusset (heel) and went to my mom for help to decifer the pattern. We spent a lovely morning chatting and decifering and I made it completely around the heel as you can see, It was at this piont I realized that I would not have enough yarn to complete sock number 2.
Not wanting to spend another $20.00 for sock number 2 I decided that I had spent some great quaility time with mom, had great hands on practice making the heel, and then ripped out all my work. Now I am back to creating the ribbing in a smaller size. Once the socks are done I will determine whose feet will be perfect for the new socks.


No comments: