Monday, February 15, 2010

Felted Knitting Bag Update



Valentine's Day is pretty low key at our house. We started the day with pink pancakes and Valentine cards for all. Then in the afternoon kid #5 and I made and decorated valentine cakes for everyone for dinner. That left plenty of couch time for knitting by the fire.

I did it! I made it to the top of the diamonds. Now my progress is quite slow while I figure out how to wrap the two colors as I knit. I am getting the hang of it. Row 2 of the diamonds has gone faster than row 1. Once I finish the diamonds I am home free!!
Remember I started knitting at the top of the bag and I am working toward the bottom. I keep reminding myself of this too.

Here is a picture of what the pattern shows for the finished product.
I changed the stripping pattern a little bit. My confidence is growing as I feel like the bag is still going to look great and I did not have to be a literalist for this one!

No comments: