Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Knitting with Corn



I finished knitting a piece with my corn yarn. I started with the hank above and then started knitting...


I started knitting with my favorite size 9 bamboo needles. The knit is a bit too loose, so this was ripped out. I began again with size 7 needles...
Here it is on my ironing board. I will need to figure out how to block it. I know that blocking can be important...just not sure exactly how to approach this one. Laura, from 3 Kittens told me that one of her customers said that her project melted on the edges when she ironed it!! I didn't know corn could melt. Did it smell like popcorn?

Anyway, the feel of this piece seems more appropriate for a wash cloth than a dish cloth. The curly edges are bugging me, so I will need to look into this one!

No comments: