Friday, February 11, 2011

One more Scarf for my Fabulous Husband

Remember this scarf? Yup, it's the one I knit for my fabulous husband...and now it is gone. We are sure that it is not in our house or car. So, we suspect he lost it at work. We can only hope someone who really needs it is enjoying it!  

So the missing scarf leads to my husband having no scarf and high temperatures of 8 degrees! Yes, a high of 8. Which means that in the morning we are starting out at -8, or so. And a great need for a scarf.
I had been saving this yummy Yukon yarn by Plymouth Yarn, which is 35% Mohair, 35% Wool, and 30% Acrylic, for a scarf for me. If we had :"touch-o-vision" you could feel how rich and soft and thick this yarn really is.

 
  
When I bought this yarn I also bought 2 ribbons of silk. I was thinking about how great weaving these into the camel colored scarf would be. At first I tried weaving the ribbon in a vertical pattern following the natural rows from my knit/purl pattern. It was difficult to see the ribbon in this direction. So, I decided to try a pattern at each end of the scarf.

 A great thing about this yarn, and being creative with the silk ribbons is that you can try something, undo it, and then try something else until you get the look you want. 

In the end I took the ribbons out so my husband can go back to being warm. He loved the creativity of the ribbons, but did not think they enhanced his manly appearance:)




No comments: