Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A Pair of Felt Clogs for me! Part 1

The girls boots (yes I will share the pre and post felting pictures once I figure out where they are!) look so comfy, I decided to make a pair of clogs for myself. Especially since I feel like I live in a snow globe! Really, is it supposed to snow EVERY day in winter?

First I selected my yarn and carefully wound the balls from the skeins. See how nice they look....

 Then along comes...Stella....apparently she had a blast while I was not in the living room....

...Because this is what I picked up off the floor when I returned to the living room!

 So, then I did this...some of the yarn was so twisted. It was easier to cut and then join (see a previous post about joining wool yarn)

 And then it was time to begin. Here is the first of my 4 soles. Each clog has a double sole so they will last a really long time.

And all of that took a really long time. Now on the the rest of the clogs!
I hope to be wearing them soon.

No comments: