Thursday, April 14, 2011

The 2nd Latvian Mitten is on it's way!

Well, here is the latest "play-by-play" of mitten number 2.

I'm not sure the fringe is much better on this one. I have decided that I will not put fringe on the next pair. (Yes, there will be more pairs knitted:)

I have to say my yarn management was a bit out of control. I think I was getting a bit of an attitude because my first mitten looks really good!!
So, to bring me back to knitting reality, I dealt with quite a mess. And only myself to blame:)


What a mess!  So lesson learned...Slow Down!! 
I did enjoy not having to watch the graph in my pattern book for each stitch. On the first mitten I was thinking...
OK knit one red
OK now knit one white
OK now knit two red
all the way through the pattern.

On mitten number two, my confidence was up, and I could think...

OK knit two white, one purple, one white, one purple, and back to two white, repeat all the way around.

That felt good!



Finally, I was done with one color. No more pink and a bit less mess.


And here they are side by side...

Almost a pair.



And more to come. I will share my shopping experience with my gift card as soon as I go shopping:) I sure hope I can get out soon!!

No comments: