Friday, April 15, 2011

I went shopping at my LYS (Local Yarn Shop)

I found a free 45 minutes this afternoon and decided to spend it at one of my favorite LYS (Local Yarn Shops), 3 Kittens Needle Arts in Mendota Heights. I still had my gift certificate in hand. This afternoon was cold and blustery. In fact it was snowing as I drove to the yarn shop.

After browsing for a bit, I found a great stack of individual patterns. I selected this Smokey Quartz Lace Shawl pattern by Barb Kervin for Kollage. Carole directed me to the best yarns for this pattern. I decided on a bamboo in yellow. Maybe it was the ridiculous weather outside that lead me to the bright yellow color.

Next I will tackle the pattern. I hope I can decode it easily. I actually knit my entire first Latvian Mitten without needing to call my mom for phone help. See my blog entry for February 3 for a great picture of her. 

And by the way, if I finish Latvian mitten number 2 tonight, my daughter really can wear them in the snow this spring!! We'll see how late I can stay up:)

No comments: