Friday, October 2, 2009

One persons overabundance is anothers treasure!

Today a friend invited me over to help her "unload" her "extra" yarn. I was the recipient of some beautiful colors and textures of yarn...


The beauty of this exchange is two fold. This yarn was once wanted, once had been part of a masterful plan. Over time, it became more of a burden, taking up space in a home and in a brain of someone who had grown and changed. It was time to get rid of it, and I was just the person receive it!

As I am just starting out again as a knitter, it is fun to receive yarn to use in all the projects being created in my mind. My girls are also wanted to learn to knit and create their own beautiful things. As beginners it can be difficult to spend a lot of money on supplies when one is not positive the project will be completed, or may turn out to be a practice piece.

Thank you M for a wonderful morning! I left your home with some great yarn, smiles of our great conversation, and a warm body from the tea you made for us.

I'm sure you will all see some new pieces from my new stockpile.

Next is how to store all this yarn, and keep it away from the puppy!












1 comment:

Mary P. Williams said...

My head is clearer, hopefully not empty. And, my house is clearer...uncluttered house, uncluttered brain. Back to studying.

MPW