Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Organizing my Junk Drawer

Well, I found it!!

Here is my Judging Evaluation Form from my Minnesota State Fair scarf entry.

How did I find it? Well, I had to call my website hosting company and was told ahead of time that the wait would be approximately 8 minutes. Thank you www.godaddy.com for being honest!

I thought, "well this will be boring", as I stood in my kitchen where all the dishes were done, the dishwasher was cleaned out and it was not yet time to start dinner. So, I remembered what Kathy, my favorite organizer person taught me...in 8 minutes of focused time I could have a clean drawer, or purse, or use your imagination here...

So, as I took out all the items in my kitchen junk drawer I found my Judging Evaluation. I also took a huge stack of old school papers and filled the recycling basket. Kathy has tons of great organization ideas, you can get more information at her website... www.projectpartnerservices.com.

My score was 90 out of 100. I received Very Good on General Appearance, Color and Design, Construction/Workmanship, and Level of Difficulty. I forgot to sew in one of the ends of yarn, thus the "ends should be better hidden" comment. And I received at Good rating for the Choice and handling of Finishing category. Apparently my cast off was too tight!

Over all 90 out of 100 is pretty impressive to me. It was a great experience to go through and would recommend it to anyone thinking about entering something in their state fair.

As for the scarf, I gave it to my mother-in-law for a birthday present in October. She is often chilly and I am sure she will wear it inside and outside her home this winter!

No comments: