Thursday, January 14, 2010

I need a new Knitting Bag!


As you can see from the photo, I am in need of a new knitting bag.!

I'm not even sure where this cute paper bag with ribbon handles came from. I love the rectangle shape. It can hold a few small projects at the same time, yet is shallow enough that there is not too much hiding on the bottom of the bag. However, the paper is not holding up well, and I have lost a few items out of the bottom corner...

So, my search began. Of course the thrifty side of me started by looking for a free pattern. BINGO! I found one. It is unbelievable how many free patterns are out there! The trick of course is can you follow the instructions??? That is a post for another day.

I started by googling felted knitting bags. You could spend a whole day, maybe even a whole weekend looking through all the patterns. I finally found one that I liked through the ravelry.com web site.

This was found at www.patonsyarns.com, via the Ravelry web site. The things I like about this bag are the big opening at the top, the attached handles, and the ability I have to make it a bit shorter so it is more of a rectangle. Also, this will help me to achieve another of my goals for 2010, felting something.

Next, finding the yarn for the project...

No comments: