Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Knitted Dish Cloths are the greatest!

We are back into knitted dish cloth mode at our house! I knitted several over the weekend. One (the blue one) during the very fun but disappointing in the end, Viking Game. The top one I started while getting the oil changed and finished in the carpool line. No I do not knit and drive! The carpool line is full of great pauses. It sure does take the kids a long time to get into a car with all their snow gear! The fall and spring line do not pause enough for me to knit. So, hey, take advantage of the time given!

My experimental dish cloth, the blue and mango stripped one has been through one use and wash. I will keep you all posted as the wear develops. If you are new, I am watching the wear progress of two different yarns knitted into one dish cloth.

My latest accomplishment is that I have loosened up on my casting off! Remember, the Minnesota State Fair judging sheet said that my casting off was a bit tight. This is true of the blue/mango dish cloth above. Note the blue edge on the right. So, being very aware of this I think I am improving as you can see in the variegated dish cloth above.

No comments: