Friday, May 22, 2009

I'ts a scarf!


I have been mulling the scarf ideas over and over in my head. Two themes keep coming to mind so I have decided to make both types and then decide which one to enter. One is a winter wool scarf with some cool cables going down the length of the scarf. The other idea is a decorative scarf to wear with sweaters.

Here you can see one I made this spring. I chose two different yarns to knit together to get the texture I was looking for.

I started on size 9 needles. It was way too tight. I then went to size 11, still not what I was imagining. The final answer for this scarf was to use size 19.

I'm still not sure why I have size 19 needles in my collection, but they satisfied my creativity for this scarf.

Browsing at a few yarn shops is definately on my radar for this weekend!

No comments: