Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My Treasures from Herrschners

Here are a few of my treasures from my Herrschners experience over the weekend.

This green wool is a nice soft yarn, but as I knit I decided it was not soft enough. My image for my scarf project is something REALLY soft for my mother in law who is always looking for ways to keep warm. So, this will be a nice scarf for someone, but I will use it as practice and not for my fair exhibit.

Also, in the picture you will see my newest knitting needles. They are a wonderful smooth wood and were only $3.50 in the bargain room!

On the knitting needles is my official 4"x4" swatch. Only recently have I decided that knitting the swatch before starting a project is wise! This yarn needs needles a few sizes bigger. Who would have guessed!





Next is my purple Lopi yarn, again from the bargain room. Only $2.00 per skein. I am imagining a child's scarf with the lighter purple and using the darker purple to create some type of interesting design along the length of the scarf. We'll see how this develops.




And last, a new set of prints for my sister who's specialty is embroidering flour cloth dish towels. She doesn't' know I got them yet! My first younger sister, if you are reading this...happy day to you! And yes, also bargain priced at .25.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whooo hoooo!!!! A new pattern!!!

I haven't seen this one before.

But you're going to have to get in line - I owe the mother-sin-law AND the sister-sin-law new sets first. . .