Thursday, May 21, 2009

Narrowing down the perfect Exhibit Item

After traveling all the way through the NEEDLECRAFT Rules and Premiums to page 19, I can see my choices.

There are over 40 categories for HAND KNITTED ARTICLES. Also, at the top of the section is a list of items you may not enter. These entries include toys, dolls, aprons, hot pads, handkerchiefs, tree skirts, and tube socks. Good to know!

I have made a few scarves lately and I think this would be a great item to knit. It is pretty simple so I can concentrate on the beauty and character piece. I will have to think about the design. Maybe some cables, or include some interesting decorative yarn for the Structural and Decorative design piece.

All the categories have columns of numbers following them. I believe these are the prize monies you can win. For the scarves it is 8.00, 6.00, 4.00, 2.00, and ribbon.

There are 3 different categories of scarves depending on the weight of yarn selected. OK, there is my next step.

I have decided on a scarf, next is to select the yarn.

No comments: