Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A visit to Herrschners




This weekend our family visited friends in Stevens Point, Wisconsin.


I wanted to visit a local yarn shop. I did not find a small, cozy shop with lots of interesting yarns, but a huge industrial size yarn shop, Herrschners. http://www.herrschners.com/
The website is loaded with how to videos, great craft and yarn sales, free patterns and even an auction section.


Frederick Herrschner started the company in Chicago over 100 years ago on a push cart. Now their facility takes up 15 acres of land, they call it a "crafting" city that mails out 20 million catalogs a year!


There is a small retail store located on the far end of the building. They have a bargain room and this weekend everything in the bargain room was 50% off! I bought a few things, and learned a few things about yarn. Oh! there is so much to learn.


Tomorrow: I will share my purchases and what I learned about them.

No comments: